Sidearms have the following parameters, so let’s see what they mean.
- Damage – damage per each shot.
- Basic spread – a spread cone in degrees where the bullets fly after pressing the trigger, with the maximum aim (green cone).
- Spread per shot – a cone showing the spread increase per shot.
- Aim speed – aim speed at a target after shooting or running.
- Run penalty – speed of spread increase when running.
- Ammo type and mag size are self-explanatory.
A headshot can be dealt only when shooting with the maximum aim (green crosshair). Chance over distance is usually 5-20%.
Dealing a headshot inflicts triple damage to the target. The chance to deal a headshot can be increased by +5% with the "Sharpshooter" perk.
Condition does not affect the weapon stats until it drops to zero. When the condition hits zero, the weapon is ruined and stops shooting. It cannot be repaired with a cleaning kit.
- Sawed-off weapons
Mosin Nagant and the IZH shotgun can be sawed off with a hacksaw. Such weapons lose accuracy but keep the original power.
The next guide will be about ranged weapons, so stay tuned survivors!
- dev team
- DayZ Branch
- Twitter: @minidayzgame