The infected are former Chernarus citizens who have not been able to beat the infection. They are the most common enemies in the game, and various kinds of them will make it difficult for you to survive:
• Regular – a most common type which can be encountered everywhere. Their running speed is about the same as player’s but they can be easily lost by breaking the line of sight. When they die, there is a chance they drop some regular loot or ammo for civilian guns. During the late stages of the game they can appear in hordes which are stalking the player.
• Military – this type lingers only near military locations such as military bases and block posts on crossroads. It deals more damage than a regular infected and has more health. Some of them have pistols or rifles on them.
• Crawlers – the fastest enemies in the game. They are very similar to the regular infected, but they run much faster. This type usually appears on the same place as the regular infected.
• Sleepers – they usually lie down in cities and near roads. When a survivor gets close or something noisy disturbs them, they rise. Experienced players can spot sleepers from afar.
• Biohazards – these infected appear near the same locations as the regular infected. When they die, they leave an acid puddle that deals damage and has a high chance of infecting the survivor. These puddles disappear after 10 seconds.
• Screamers – they cannot harm survivors directly, but when they spot one, they start screaming and hoarding all the other infected from the nearest locations. They meet regular survivors rarely. They can also wake up sleepers.
Please note: killing the infected gives you additional XP.
- dev team
- DayZ Branch
- Twitter: @minidayzgame